Monday, February 6, 2012

Suspense

Hi Everyone, This week's illustration friday word was suspense.  I was looking around the internet on how I could incorporate make-up (my general theme) with suspense, when I found this picture of a woman looking surprised.

I immediately knew that I wanted to do a make-up ad and keep it looking sketchy, so i grabbed my tablet and started off with a rough sketch of a woman looking surprised!

I generally liked the sketchy appeal of my illustration so i kept with it and added in colours as you would see in pop art, nice and solid.   The only shading i wanted was on the eyes (smokey eye) , dark colours to incorporate the darkness of 'suspense' like in suspenseful, dramatic, and horror movies.

I wanted to make it a M.A.C advertisement since their ads are always super creative and incorporate so much into them.  I added the logo  to the bottom of the hair since it went well together (the contrast that is) and make the word 'suspense' creepy looking and large so that it had emphasis on it.   I added a text bubble with the text 'WATCH OUT'  to add drama and to make it seem like the light in the back  could be a car light or flash light -something to intrigue the viewer but not knowing what it is and if it is a car, is it coming straight for you?  thus making it 'suspenseful.

I like how this add turned out and will be experimenting more with making ads ( for make-up ;) as it is an interest of mine.
Until next time,
Veronica

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one, and your so right mac always has these crazy fun cool advertisements and I think this incorporates it very well :)

    ReplyDelete